Tuesday 28 February 2012

Perseverance Pays Off

Way back in May 2010 I began the construction of my new greenhouse.  The saga ran on through June and July of that year with little progress, amd then the winds came in autumn of 2010 and spring of 2011 and took out some of the panes of polycarbonate.  So, severely disheartened the shell of the greenhouse was all that remained standing through the rest of last year.

complete...at last!
However during the fine weather last weekend the Handyman had another attempt at fitting those 'b*!!?# polycarbonate panels' and despite, or perhaps because of, his frustration he managed to complete the installation of a number of panels.

Spurred on by this I decided to have another attempt and, surprise, surprise, I managed to finish the job!  So now I have a completed greenhouse after almost 21 months of frustration and disappointment - hurrah!

first seed trays planted up
Assuming that the structure stands up to our windy conditions I can now look forward to making good use of it and started today by sowing some seedtrays of sweetpeas.  It's good to have somewhere to retreat to if the weather becomes inclement and somewhere for the tomatoes, chillies and cucumbers to spend the summer months. 

tea and biscuits anyone?
Just need to dig out the camp chair and I'll have somewhere to sit with my cup of tea and biscuits.

No comments: