Sunday 22 May 2011

Stop for a Moment

Stopping is something I seldom do in the garden at this time of year, there is so much to be getting on with as the garden bursts into growth.  Yesterday, however, after a strenuous bit of re-edging, weeding and planting I sat on the steps of the woodland borders with a glass of fruit juice and cast my eye across the scene.


Sitting at this level with the borders rising gently above me gave quite a different view of the planting; I'm not sure my photographs do it justice.  Usually I'm walking up the steps and looking down on the plants, so to sit and look through them was unusual and interesting.


As I sat and perused the flowers another job became apparent...time to thin out the aquilegia. These have been a real self-seeding success story and now I'll have plenty to share with friends when they have finished flowering this year.

No comments: